This really is a jackpot of a recipe. You can make it ahead, it’s delicious, and it’s inexpensive. Here’s the cost & nutritional information.
Cost (4 servings)
- 1 (7-ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (one pepper from can) $0.50
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream$0.35
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained, and divided$1.00
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed$1.00
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas$1.50
- 1 cup bottled salsa$1.00
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese$0.50
I usually serve vegetables with the burritos. Kroger has a Mexican vegetable blend that’s usually $1.25 or less. It serves about 2 hungry folks so we’ll double that for the four servings.
Burrito Nutritional Information
- Calories: 365 (29% from fat)
- Fat: 11.7g (sat 5.8g,mono 2.8g,poly 0.8g)
- Protein: 15.7g
- Carbohydrate: 55.3g
- Fiber: 7.2g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 893mg
- Calcium: 311mg
The Mexican vegetable blend has 90 calories and 0 grams of fat for 1 1/2 cups. (We like our veggies and eat BIG portions.)
Totals: $8.35, or $2.09 per person. 455 calories & 11 grams of fat per plate.
Post a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.